FALL AND WINTER TEMPERATURES WILL BRING OUT THOSE PESKY CRITTERS. They want to invade your warm and comfy home! You should pest proof your house!
Do I need pest control in the winter in Tennessee? Absolutely! Now is the perfect time for you to be proactive and complete simple home improvements to help pest proof your home. The last thing you want is rodents, ants, cockroaches, or spiders setting up camp inside your abode this winter. Expect to see more bugs this Fall, lots of them! It’s best to get ahead of what’s coming!
One of the best ways to limit unwanted intrusions by insects, rodents, birds, squirrels and other pests is to deny them entry — a procedure known as pest proofing. Many critters seek refuge in homes and other buildings in response to changes in weather, such as extended periods of rain or drought, or the onset of cooler temperatures in autumn. Taking steps to block their entry before they end up inside can greatly reduce the chances of future visits.
We recommend the following tips to assist you to pest proof your home this spring:
- Seal any cracks on the outside of the home with a silicone-based caulk, including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around the foundation and windows.
- Keep tree branches and shrubbery well trimmed and away from the house. Overhanging branches can act as critter highways into the home.
- Repair fascia and rotted roof shingles.
- Keep mulch at least 15 inches from the foundation.
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
- Avoid leaving pet food out in dishes for long periods of time.
Do I need pest control in the winter in Tennessee? Yes, you do! We can help control those pesky little fellas before they move in and make your house their home. Please contact ClearDefense Pest Control HERE.
HERE are some more ideas about pest-proofing your home.Tags: bugs, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Cincinnati, Cincinnatti, clear defense, cleardefense, Columbia, Durham, exterminate, exterminator, Greensboro, Greer, infestation, insects, Kansas City, Knoxville, Nashville, pest control, pest proof, pests, Raleigh, Raleigh Durham, Richmond, Winston Salem