SPRING AND SUMMER TEMPS WILL BRING OUT THOSE PESKY INSECT NEIGHBORS OF YOURS. They want to visit! Pest proof your home!
Now is the perfect time for you to be proactive and complete simple home improvements to pest proof your home. Spring is when we begin to notice an increase in pests, such as ants, termites, mosquitoes and other stinging insects. Expect to see more bugs, lots of them! It’s best to get ahead of what’s coming!
We recommend the following tips to assist you to pest proof your home this spring:
- Eliminate sources of standing water around the house, including birdbaths and in clogged gutters to help reduce biting mosquito populations.
- Seal any cracks on the outside of the home with a silicone-based caulk, including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around the foundation and windows.
- Keep tree branches and shrubbery well trimmed and away from the house. Overhanging branches can act as critter highways into the home.
- Repair fascia and rotted roof shingles.
- Keep mulch at least 15 inches from the foundation.
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
- Avoid leaving pet food out in dishes for long periods of time.
We can also help control those pesky little fellas before they move in and make your house their home. Please contact ClearDefense at https://bit.ly/2JVSIOcTags: bugs, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Cincinnatti, clear defense, cleardefense, exterminate, exterminator, Greensboro, Greer, infestation, insects, Kansas City, Knoxville, pest control, pest proof, pests, Raleigh Durham, Richmond, Winston Salem