What kind of bugs come out in the Spring? SPRING AND SUMMER TEMPS WILL BRING OUT THOSE PESKY INSECT NEIGHBORS OF YOURS. They want to move in! Pest proof your home!
What kind of bugs come out in the Spring? Almost all of them. Now is the perfect time for you to be proactive and complete simple home improvements to pest proof your home. Spring is when we begin to notice an increase in bugs, such as ants, termites, mosquitoes and other stinging insects. Expect to see more bugs this Spring, lots of them! It’s best to get ahead of what’s coming!
One of the best ways to limit unwanted intrusions by insects, rodents, birds, squirrels and other pests is to deny them entry — a procedure known as pest proofing. Many pests seek refuge in homes and other buildings in response to changes in weather, such as extended periods of rain or drought, or the onset of cooler temperatures in autumn. Taking steps to block their entry before they end up inside can greatly reduce the chances of the intrusion of bugs this Spring.
We recommend the following tips to assist you to bug proof your home this spring:
- Eliminate sources of standing water around the house, including birdbaths and in clogged gutters to help reduce biting mosquito populations.
- Seal any cracks on the outside of the home with a silicone-based caulk, including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around the foundation and windows.
- Keep tree branches and shrubbery well-trimmed and away from the house. Overhanging branches can act as critter highways into the home.
- Repair fascia and rotted roof shingles.
- Keep mulch at least 15 inches from the foundation.
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
- Avoid leaving pet food out in dishes for long periods of time.
We can also help control those pesky little bugs this Spring. Please contact ClearDefense Pest Control HERE.
What kind of bugs come out in the Spring? HERE are some more ideas about pest-proofing your home.Tags: ant control, ants, bugs, camel crickets, carpet beetles, centipedes, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Cincinnati, Cincinnatti, clear defense, cleardefense, cleardefense pest control, cockroaches, Columbia, Durham, earwigs, exterminate, exterminator, fire ants, German cockroaches, Greensboro, Greer, infestation, insects, Kansas City, Knoxville, male mosquito, mice, mosquito, mosquito hawk, mosquitoes, Nashville, odorous house ants, pest control, pest proof, pests, Raleigh, Raleigh Durham, rat, rats, Richmond, termites, velvet ant, Winston Salem, wolf spider